Locum Prosecutions Lawyer
- Lauren Watts
- Lead Principal Consultant
Job Title: Locum Prosecutions Lawyer
Location: West Midlands
Pay rate: £45 per hour inside IR35
Duration: 3 months initial contract with a strong possibility of extension
Type: Hybrid – attendance for court, casework done remotely.
We are working with a prominent local authority based in the West Midlands, responsible for overseeing public services and community development in a vibrant urban setting.
The legal services department are looking for a locum Prosecutions Lawyer to join their established team on an interim basis for an initial 3 month period, with a strong likelihood of extension beyond this.
The role will focus on Criminal Litigation and will pay a key role in advising on prosecutions related to;
- Health and Safety Prosecutions
- Environmental Law Prosecutions
- Breach of notices
- Education Prosecutions
- Licensing Prosecutions
- Planning Enforcement & Breach of town and country planning
- A qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister, alternatively, non-qualified Lawyers with substantial relevant experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience working with a local authority
- Good practical knowledge of litigation law including both civil and regulatory/criminal law
- Experience undertaking advocacy would be desirable however, for a strong candidate unable to attend court, counsel could be instructed.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
If you would be interested in applying for this position or exploring the role in more detail, please get in touch with Vinay at 07893921024 or 0117 284 0827. Alternatively email a copy of your CV to