Locum Homelessness Lawyer
Job Title: Locum Homelessness Lawyer
Location: West Midlands
Pay rate: £45 per hour inside IR35
Duration: 3 months initial contract with a strong possibility of extension
Type: Hybrid – attendance for court, casework done remotely.
We are working with a prominent local authority based in the West Midlands, responsible for overseeing public services and community development in a vibrant urban setting.
The legal services department are looking for a locum Homelessness Lawyer to join their established team on an interim basis for an initial 3 month period, with a strong likelihood of extension beyond this.
As a Housing Litigation Lawyer, you will play a pivotal role in overseeing the prosecutions related to
Health and Safety Prosecutions
Environmental Law Prosecutions
Breach of notices
Planning Enforcement & Breach of town and country planning
- A qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister, alternatively, non-qualified Lawyers with substantial relevant experience will also be considered.
- Previous experience working with a local authority
- Good practical knowledge of Housing litigation law
- Experience undertaking advocacy would be desirable however, for a strong candidate unable to attend court, counsel could be instructed.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
If you would be interested in applying for this position or exploring the role in more detail, please get in touch with Vinay at 07893921024 or 0117284 0827.