Interim Placement Manager
Role: Interim Placement manager
Duration: 3-4 Months
Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to recruit an Inteirm Placements Manager for a 3 month contract role (potential to extend).
Our client is seeking a dynamic individual to lead the placements team, managing service delivery for Children in Care. Responsibilities include efficient placement sourcing, overseeing contact packages, and contributing to service commissioning. The role involves strategic planning, compliance with legislative requirements, and ensuring best value practices. The ideal candidate will possess relevant qualifications, management experience, and the ability to analyse data for informed decision-making.
- Manage and challenge Social Work practice to divert children from care and ensure achievable outcomes.
- Lead multi-agency placement planning for Children in Care.
- Innovate and commission services in line with best value practice to identify efficiencies and savings.
- Ensure compliance with government and legislative requirements in Children Social Care practices.
- Stay updated on legislation and social care developments, providing expertise to inform decisions and raise awareness.
- Collate and present robust information for Senior Management reports, identifying trends and supporting commissioning decisions.
- Lead projects, ensuring implementation and reporting of outcomes for specialist services.
- Undertake duties assigned by Team Manager or Service Manager on behalf of Children’s Services.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant degree and management qualification or equivalent experience.
- Professional qualification with continuous professional development.
- Authoritative knowledge of work practices, legal requirements, and broader commercial awareness.
- Strong data analysis and report presentation skills.
- Complaint handling skills with the ability to address escalated customer issues.
- Effective interpersonal skills to solve complex problems.
- Contribute to shaping strategic direction through change implementation.
- Team player with initiative and the ability to refer matters to the manager.
- Highly developed analytical skills and numerical accuracy.
- Ability to travel using public transport or a valid UK driving license with access to own or pool car.
If this role resonates with your profile, please feel free to reach out to Abdullah Faheem at or alternatively call on 0117 409 4741 for an informal conversation.