To be responsible for the delivery of a high quality surveying service covering all aspects of the maintenance service; ensuring it is customer focused, compliant and sustains high levels of excellence and value for money.
Carry out technical inspections and surveys in line with agreed standards, targets and timescales to include but not limited to:
- pre and post inspections
- stock condition surveys including HHSRS
- pre termination & relets inspections
- asbestos management and Health & Safety inspections
- site and project inspections
- new handovers
- estate inspections
- mutual exchanges
- re-chargeable repairs
- property re-investment appraisals
- right to buy surveys
- dilapidation schedules
- produce accurate and detailed specifications and schedules of work for quotations and tenders
Day to day
Ensure customers are kept informed regarding works to their homes and that the technical advice provided is accurate and up to date.
Ensure that quality and performance standards are achieved; applying innovative solutions to realise continuous improvement of service delivery.
Comply with all Health & Safety at work legislation relevant to works being undertaken, which may include acting as designer or principle designer on small works and projects.
Identify and deliver enhancements to improve service provision and reduce costs; ensuring the most effective solutions for works are identified.
Support the delivery of new developments and contribute at pre project review and during handover; attending contractor and customer meetings as required.
Contribute to the development and regular review of the departmental services and policies.
Support the management team with resolving customer dissatisfaction
Ensure accurate and complete data sets are provided from all surveys and inspections.
- Current and relevant knowledge of building processes and applicable statutory requirements
- Working knowledge of CDM, Asbestos and all other regulations relating to the delivery of service area works
- Demonstrable knowledge of defects provisions within building contracts
- Hold (or be working towards within 12 months) a valid SSSTS, FDIS, HHSRS qualification and a demonstrable knowledge of CDM 2015
Skills and experience
- Extensive and varied demonstrable experience working in either a Construction or Maintenance environment OR HNC/ NVQ level 4 in Building or associated discipline plus substantial post qualification experience working in either a Construction or Maintenance environment
- Demonstrable high level of numeracy, IT and literacy skills and the ability to effectively communicate
- Experience of managing the delivery of customer-orientated services
- Valid driving licence and regular access to a vehicle