Building Surveyor - Major Repairs
Day rate: 40 per hour
Job Type: Contract (5 months)
Location: Berkshire - WFH with site visits as needed
We are pleased to be supporting a Local Authority in their search for a Building Surveyor - Major Repairs.
Working in a close-knit team of surveyors and support staff, you will also deliver major projects including retaining wall works and energy efficiency improvement projects.
In addition to being responsible ensuring defects are analysed and a full specification for works is produced and is put into a schedule. You will be responsible for approving contractors for the works and signing off on works when completed.
Key Responsibilities as a Building Surveyor:
- Providing high quality project and contract management services, ensuring that projects are delivered to a high quality, on time, to budget and with high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Listening to our customers' needs and making sure they are kept fully informed throughout any works and projects.
Programmes of works will include:
- Planned component replacements (i.e. kitchen & bathroom, windows, doors roofs heating systems, etc.)
- Planned cyclical painting and repair programmes
- Other major works projects/programmes
- Large / complex responsive works
Candidates will need to demonstrate technical and administrative competence, experience in specification, procurement and contract management, commercial understanding, and be familiar with relevant forms of contract.
To be successful in this role you will need to have good working knowledge of social housing and The Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me for a confidential conversation on 0117 332 8090 Or submit an up-to-date CV. Even if you feel like this is not 100% right for you, I still would like to hear from you, as we may have another opportunity that fits.