Interim Economic Development Manager - (Town Centre Funding)
12 months Contract
£250-£350 (Dependent on experience)
Southeast of England
Panoramic Associates are delighted to be working with a Local Authority based in the Southeast of England, who is looking to recruit an interim Economic Development Manager to help deliver the town centre's Welcome Back Funding strategy.
As part of your role, you will develop robust business cases and bids for capital and revenue that will support the social, environmental, and economical growth of the council's town centre/highstreets.
Other Areas of the Role:
- To set up and chair meetings with internal and external partners and to deliver appropriate actions derived from such meetings to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- To develop effective systems and records for monitoring the project's progress, and present detailed progress reports as required.
- Work closely with other departments to leverage resources and identify town centre investments.
Key experience required:
- Knowledge of economic development and regeneration programmes and polices locally and nationally.
- Proven experience in performance, commissioning, and contract management.
- Ability to carry out effective research for projects and portfolios.
- Knowledge of a range of project-relevant community engagement techniques (e.g., community asset mapping).
The successful candidate must have a proven track record of working as an economic development manager in a local authority setting. Working knowledge of the current economic policy will be helpful to provide information for business-related activities.
The role will be for a minimum of 12 months contract. The position will be predominantly remote with the requirement to be in office 1/2 times per week to enable a presence in the town centre.
Interviews will be conducted next week. Please submit a CV or call 01173328090 to discuss the opportunity further.