Panoramic Associes are excited to working alongside a large public sector organisation to assist them with the search for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor.
The purpose of the role is to provide both commercial and estimating functions as part of the development and delivery of capital schemes and revenue services within Public Realm and Highways.
Estimating, Tendering & Contract / Contractor Management
- Build up cost estimates for capital schemes and project work, subcontract and self-delivered work; Value engineering.
- Critically appraise target costs, estimates to demonstrate VFM.
- Measure & interpret specifications & drawings.
- Develop commercially based models that enable the Council to demonstrate it is receiving value for money in it's capital expenditure programme.
- Manage the tendering process, work with procurement team to prepare tender documentation, scope and specification for project work, cyclical maintenance contracts and statutory compliance works.
- Prepare sub contract agreements and set up contractors in accordance with project requirements
- Measure and agree work and variations, monitor progress with project manager/subcontractors including managing change control
- Analyse costs, certify payments/approve invoices for payment.
- Administer contract, prepare, raise and action early warnings and compensation events as required.
- Administer cost codes ensuring costs are captured appropriately
- Provide necessary back up in any follow up to claims and assist in negotiations on the finalisation of main contractor / client and subcontractor accounts.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Experience of commercial management within a highways or construction within both the Private and Public Sectors.
- Practical experience in estimating capital projects, minor works and highways maintenance schemes using a variety of service delivery methods.
- Experience and track record of determining appropriate cost options to be used - target cost, lump sum, cost reimbursable - for each capital scheme.
- Experience and track record of acting as the commercial lead in reviewing early warnings and compensation event claims submitted in respect of capital schemes.
- Practical experience using current highways sector contracts. Knowledge of contract conditions and their application.
- Practical experience of successfully challenging and managing down compensation event claims
- Experience of effective sub-contractor management
- Experience collating cost data and extracting detail for cost of service reports and application or invoicing purposes and managing tender costs down.
- Experience developing the commercial function to support the business would be highly desirable
- BSc (Hons) Quantity Surveying or equivalent Quantity Surveying Level 6 Diploma.
If this role sounds of interest and you have the right experience and skills please apply via this advert or email me at