Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to recruit a Senior Public Health Programme Officer for a remote 6 month contract. The programme officer will lead on the health inequalities programme of work for the borough and support with COVID-19 recovery. This is a full time and can be worked from home for the duration of the contract (4 days per week will be considered).
The post holder will have line management responsibility for the outbreak control project officer and budget management responsibility up to £100k.
- Lead on the health inequalities programme of work
- Lead on NHS Health Checks and contribute towards CVD priority workstream
- Contribute to the management and direction of local policies and strategies in relation to health improvement and the reduction of inequalities
- Ensure that the reduction of health inequalities is embedded into policy, strategies and practice across the local authority based on population need, evidence of best practice and effectiveness
- Keep up to date with relevant national and local policy, evidence and good practice focusing on wider determinants and health improvement
- Champion work that empowers local communities to improve their health and wellbeing
- To take a leadership role in reducing inequalities in testing and uptake of covid-19 vaccinations as part of the response to Covid-19
- Support Council's recovery from Covid-19 and work to mitigate the long term impact of Covid-19 on individuals and communities
To apply for this role you must have experience in the following areas:
- Relevant Public Health qualification e.g Post Graduate Diploma in Public Health or other relevant Post Graduate qualification
- Experience of working in a local authority within public health for a minimum of 3 years
- Experience of developing, implementing and evaluating public health programmes
To apply for this role please contact Maisie Hockings to hear more.