Senior Planning Officer
Duration: 6-9 Months
Location: East of England
Daily Rate: £32-£38 p/h (DOE)
I have a brand new opportunity with my Local Authority client based in the East of England who is looking for a Senior Planning Officer on an interim basis. You will be reporting to the senior Planning & Development Management team to assist the planning department whilst they undergo a service review and to promote development in the area.
Key Requirements of the role:
- Knowledge and proven track record of processing planning applications
- Dealing with complex medium-size major applications (up to around 200 dwellings this is non-negotiable) coaching and mentoring staff or possibly line management experience
- Dealing with vocal residents and liaising with councillors
- Prioritising household extensions and conservation areas
- Clear a number of backlog cases and contribute to service improvements
It would be helpful if you have worked in the Local Authority sector and are working towards or accredited with an RTPI qualification. There will be a flexibility of on-site and remote working in line with business needs.
Shortlisting and interviews will be held virtually over the next two weeks. There is a likely contract extension of up to 9 months.
Please give me a call on 01173328090 or send a C.V to a . miller @ Panoramicassociates . co . uk. Even if you feel the role is not right for you, I still would like to hear from you.