Senior Highways Engineer
I am currently aiding a Manchester based company on an exciting new opportunity for a Highways Engineer. We are looking for a candidate that can contribute to the development and implementation of projects and programmes of work whilst undertaking a range of technical aspects required for project delivery.
You will have a key role in managing, organising, and motivating a team of engineers and technicians to deliver a variety of projects covering a range of complexities.
- Preparing schemes for tender, Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site, making valuations for payment assessments, chairing and managing progress meetings, identification and assessment of additional payments due to variation orders or compensation events, determination of project final accounts and completing the defects period.
- Able to assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work.
- To demonstrate excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing, both at a general and technical level.
- A Bachelors or master's degree in Civil Engineering or a related subject accredited by the Engineering Council OR you will already be or fast approaching Chartered Member status of the Institution of Civil Engineers (CEng MICE).
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation, and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- An understanding of the commercial issues in undertaking a construction project.
Please call me, Lola Balogun or you can email your C.V. Even if you feel like this is not right for you, I still would like to hear from you.