Panoramic Associates are supporting a Berkshire based LA with their recruitment of a Senior Commissioner for their SEN team. The contract is initially 4 months long and they can offer a competitive day rate (paid via an umbrella company). The role is remote but there may be a requirement to go onsite occasionally.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced and dynamic SEND Commissioner who is able to navigate issues quickly in order to drive progress and outcomes.
Responsibilities will include:
- Offering support to the Lead Commissioner to ensure the delivery of sufficiency and resource base review. This may involve the development of a number of SLA's and any other relevant work
- Delivering commissioning reviews, change management and development projects, working closely with key stakeholders in health and social care
- Development of tools and assessment for 5 year need and support in strategy around provision.
- Being a member of the Impact, Intelligence and Sufficiency Working Group of the SEND Improvement Board which, as well as having oversight of the Sufficiency project, it also has the remit for assessing the progress of all the groups towards delivery of their agreed KPIs as a Benefits realisation analysis responsibility, use of survey information informing decision-making and the bringing together of a wide range of data, not just that reported through the dashboard which had a particular function round the Written Statement of Action.
- As part of planned developments, overseeing the development of the new ASD resource base
- Supporting the engagement of Operational Commissioning in SEND activity and improving the Contracts Teams role in SEND activity, including use of frameworks, performance management of providers and better records
- Contract management of a range of SEND contracts
- Leading and Co-ordinating uplift process for SEND Placements in the independent sector.
- Be able to pick up ad hoc pieces of work/project as required
To be considered, please email your CV to t.summerfield @ panoramicassociates.co.uk