Home Safety Specialist - fire and asbestos
We are pleased to be supporting a Housing Association in Berkshire with their search for an Home Safety Specialist - fire and asbestos
Reporting to the Head of Compliance, the successful candidate will have experience of managing asbestos, fire safety and preferably legionella related projects and compliance standards, within the social Housing sector
What you will be responsible for:
- Providing specific technical advice on best practice, industry guidance and relevant legislation in particular (but not limited to) the specific elements of responsibility
- Maintaining robust records to provide a clear and transparent account of performance, taking immediate action in areas of poor performance
- Developing effective management systems, control methods and performance information to report progress and confirm compliance to relevant standards and key performance targets
- Commissioning and managing specialist contractors, and consultants
- Supporting our procurement of work, following official procurement processes that ensure best value outcomes
- Producing feasibility studies, option appraisals and project briefs in the development and planning of projects
- Set key performance targets and milestones for projects and make sure we deliver on everything we promise
- Lead on the main safety and compliance-related areas including fire safety management, asbestos management, legionella, water treatment testing.
- Develop our strategy, policy and procedures on the specialisms above
- Manage programmes of safety and compliance works, understand contract management, contracts and financial project planning and forecasting
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me for a confidential conversation on 0117 332 8090 Or submit an up-to-date CV.
Even if you feel like this is not right for you, I still would like to hear from you. As we may have another opportunity that fits.