Title: Regional Surveyor
Reporting to: Managing Director
This is a role for a Chartered/Building Surveyor supporting the property and large loss adjusting teams. You will provide advice on complex building issues arising from losses referred to you including scheduling work, preparing tender documentation and managing the tender process. The work will be referred to you by the adjuster teams and third-party adjusters. You will regularly deal with losses in excess of £100,000 and you will be required to project manage losses through to completion.
* Working independently but as part of a home based UK team, you will be responsible for your own work.
* The work will involve repairs caused by all major perils including: fire, flood, escape of water and impact and all types of domestic buildings and some commercial property.
* Responsible for producing a quality service to internal and external loss adjusters and insurer clients.
* Being a building construction technical referral point for the team, including confirming repair costs.
* Running own caseload of high value/complex property repairs, including site visits and assessments to establish the extent and value of damage and repairs.
* Provide support to adjusters - assistance with reviews, structural engineers report reviews, loss assessor scopes, tenders, joint site visits, project management
* Providing a high level of quality and customer service commitment.
* Complementing the client's goal to be market leaders.
* Remaining customer and client focus at all times
* Understanding and adapting claims handling to the client's brand to 'buy in' to the brand affinity. Where required providing a seamless service where the client becomes invisible to the customer and all they see is their Insurer's brand.
* Utilising the latest technology available to execute the role. Working with systems and processes effectively and understanding how these operate and their benefits to the client and customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
1) F/ARICS or F/MCIOB essential
2) Extensive construction knowledge related to repair of a wide range of buildings is essential.
3) Specialist experience in a related subject.
4) Extensive and demonstrable property claims insurance experience is an advantage.
5) A good level of construction industry experience/knowledge, including cost, is required.