There is an exciting opportunity to join one of the UK's largest house-builders. Our South West Division located in Bristol is looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk to join the Division's Finance team.
The role of the Purchase Ledger Clerk works to ensure that supplier invoices and payments are processed with accuracy in a timely manner, as well as take ownership and maintain accurate supplier accounts and ensure that account issues are resolved to minimize the impact.
Principal accountabilities of the Purchase Ledger role include:
- Processing purchase invoices in the accounting system (COINS)
- Ensuring 3-way matching of purchase orders, goods receipt notes, and purchase invoice.
- Pro-actively resolving invoice variances with suppliers and operations.
- Manually coding invoices and ensuring all invoices are duly authorized.
- Raise BACS runs on a timely basis.
- Reconcile supplier statements in a timely manner.
- Perform regular housekeeping checks and ensure ledgers are tidy.
- Create and maintain supplier account data.
- Dealing with and resolving supplier queries.
- Dealing with and resolving site queries and requests.
- Dealing with auditor requests.
- Working to meet deadlines in accordance with month-end closedown timetable.
- Raising ad hoc individual payment requests when necessary.
- Contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Finance Department by assisting the Finance Director in identifying and implementing improved processes and procedures.
Experience, Qualifications and Skills
- Experience of working in a Purchase Ledger or Accounts Payable role
- Experience of working the COINS system is desirable
Qualifications and Training
- GCSE Maths and English - Grade 4/C or above (or equivalent)
Skills and Aptitude
- Good interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and administration skills, including good attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines with a good eye for detail.
- Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
- Works effectively to deadlines and competently works on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient IT skills along with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and the ability to adapt to new systems
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
The Role and Working Conditions
- Willing to be flexible in respect to day to day duties and hours worked.
- The office-based role, Monday to Friday: 35 hours per week
If you would like some more information on the role please contact Eboney- 07710529199