Consultant in Public Health: Health Protection, Knowledge and Intelligence
Local Authority Scale £75,378 - £81,658 (subject to further evaluation)
Panoramic Associates have partnered with Nottingham City Council on their search for a substantive Consultant in Public Health.
Public Health in Nottingham City Council is leading an innovative approach in how they support and enable their communities to live healthier lives.
They are looking to employ an enthusiastic and dynamic Consultant in Public Health to join the Nottingham City Council Public Health team on their journey of change, ensuring that public health is at the core of the Council's values. This full-time, permanent role (offering hybrid working) will provide strategic direction on the provision of the health protection and knowledge & intelligence, in line with the council strategic priorities and their new Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
The post holder will initially lead the continued development of two key portfolio areas:
- Public health knowledge and intelligence: This will include being the strategic lead for the JSNA, population health management, pharmaceutical needs assessment, population profiles, and population analysis to inform the commissioning of services. The post holder will also provide the Council's expert approach to the use of evidence across the council.
- Health protection including but not exhaustive to: sexual health, screening and immunisation, infectious diseases (including flu and COVID-19), emergency planning.
The post holder will work strategically across the City and County areas and with public sector agencies through the Integrated Care System (ICS) and Integrated Care Partnership (ICP). Responsibilities include providing public health support and advice to Nottingham City Council services and public health input including providing evidence and intelligence on wider determinants and health inequalities.
- Intellectually and practically flexible and able to cope with multiple and changing demands.
- Excellent negotiation, motivation skills and public health leadership skills to deal with complex public health issues, advising and making recommendations regarding health and care services and patient care.
- Track record in leading on complex public health issues, advising the local authority, Clinical Commissioning Group, Integrated Care System and Partnership and the Health and Wellbeing Board making recommendations regarding services, patient care and the wider determinants of health.
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List or UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) or within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview.
- If included in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health
- Public health Specialist Registrars (ST5) who are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview are welcome to apply. Specialist trainee applicants who are not yet on the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in dental public health/UKPHR must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview (ie 6 months from CCT and/or have already submitted their full portfolio);
Nottingham City is going through a council wide transformation programme currently and Public Health is at the core of their journey. They have a sector leading joint health and well-being strategy, driving innovation and changing the way Public Health works fundamentally. It is a hugely exciting time to join the team offering you the chance to make a fundamental difference to the health and wellbeing of their communities whilst furthering your expertise in whichever direction you wish.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career, working at the forefront of Public Health and further develop your skills and experience within an innovation and dynamic Public Health team we would love to hear from you. Please contact our retained consultants Ben Pountney or Mia Collett at Panoramic Associates.