Day rate: 380 per day
Job Type: Contract ( 6 months)
We are pleased to be supporting a Local Authority in their search for a Project Surveyor. Reporting to the Head of Asset Management, the successful candidate will be providing excellent front line customer service by working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to ensure customers needs are met and the team objectives are achieved.
Working as part of a team you will, take responsibility for and manage one or more construction projects and work programmes across the area, carrying out repairs and/or improvements to the Council's stock, buildings and land. To ensure work carried out is of the highest quality, using appropriate design and materials and achieves value for money.
- To work with consultants and contractors to ensure the delivery of Investment projects on time, budget and to a high standard of quality.
- Project managing and controlling delegated budgets, to ensure the successful delivery of planned, cyclical, and major works programmes.
- To effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders, contract partnerships and supply chain to ensure contractual, procurement, statutory and regulatory compliance.
- To ensure the effective delivery of projects to customers of all tenures.
- To advise and support our customers in resolving their queries and issues, ensuring that their expectations are managed and proactive resolutions are identified.
- To line manage and support Assistant Surveyors as directed and to ensure training is undertaken where required.
- To update and maintain systems/ records to ensure that information/data is kept up to date and accurate in line with the standards set out in the Hackitt Report, and that KPI's are met.
- To ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to so that consistent and standard practice is achieved across the organisation
To be successful in this role you will need to have good working knowledge of social housing and The Building Regulations and Health & Safety legislation.
A proven project management experience of delivering and managing planned works programmes and budgets is highly desirable.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please contact me for a confidential conversation on 0117 332 8090 Or submit an up-to-date CV. Even if you feel like this is not right for you, I still would like to hear from you. As we may have another opportunity that fits.