Programme Development and Commissioning Manager (Transformation Programmes)
Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to support the recruitment for a Programme Development and Commissioning manager. The post is responsible for planning, commissioning, implementing, performance monitoring and evaluating public health programmes in line with agreed local and national priorities. This is a full time 12 month contract offering fully remote working.
It will be your role to develop and maintain effective partnerships across the statutory, voluntary, private and independent sectors to plan cohesively for public health and provide specialised advice and expertise on the development and delivery of public health strategy, policy and practice, with particular emphasis on the promotion of health and well being.
- Project management to ensure key elements of the Wellbeing Service (e.g. scoping, health needs assessment, consultation, design, spec development etc.) are kept on track and continue to meet original aims and objectives.
- Apply appropriate change methodologies including management of risk and Prince2
- Exploring and developing links with other partners across the region and nationally to incorporate best practice into programme development projects
- Gathering of specific evidence (e.g. evidence summaries, helping to test approaches with current providers) to demonstrate effectiveness of interventions and operating models
- Lead discussions with internal partners, supporting negotiations to identify new ways of working and potential costs savings
- Deliver consultations (e.g. input to approach, survey development, promotion, focus group co-ordination) with key stakeholders and target groups to inform and shape healthy lifestyles delivery model
- Demonstrates experience of working with local public/practitioners to deliver projects effectively
- Has demonstrable experience working as a public health practitioner
- Has experience in project management, including budgeting, needs assessment, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience in delivering large scale change projects
- Evidence of working collaboratively to deliver shared outcomes
- Evidence of using reporting tools to monitor programme activities and analyse project performance, plans, milestones, budgets and risks
- First degree in a relevant field (e.g. Public Health or Health Promotion)
- Holds or currently studying towards a post graduate qualification in health related field.
- Additional training or experience in Prince 2 or equivalent level of specialist knowledge
To hear more please contact Maisie Hockings.