Title: Procurement Specialist - IT/Technology
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London & Remote
Salary: £47,058 - £ 54,117 DOE, plus £1,300pa Essential Car User Allowance*
My public sector client is looking for a Procurement/Category Manager with experience of IT/Technology procurement. This is an exciting opportunity to join a procurement function charged with delivering significant business benefits.
The ideal candidate will be MCIPS qualified or working towards this qualification with demonstrable category management experience of large value contracts in the public sector. A successful track record of planning and managing Technology category procurement activity across all software and hardware subcategories and delivering outstanding value, together with well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are all essential for this role.
Key Duties will include:
- Providing advice on and self-sufficiently contributing to the development of contractual arrangements and competitive procedures, including researching, developing and agreeing suitable routes to market, and ensuring alignment with UK Public Contract Regulations within all categories and sub-categories.
- Experience of working across multiple disciplines and in the software/hardware space is essential.
- Analysing Data on the procurement system and working with suppliers and the Technology business function to explore and investigate opportunities where greater value can be generated, costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified.
- Taking an active role in leading development of innovative procurement strategies against defined category areas.
- Implementing the procurement strategy and ensuring this meets business objectives.
- Liaising with technology category stakeholders including customers, contractors, consultants, and suppliers.
- Identifying significant opportunities to improve overall value generation including demonstration of value for money, cost optimisation against budget or cost avoidance and reduction in operational and commercial risks.
- Negotiating with and influencing suppliers to achieve improved service and quality.
- Ensuring that contracts within your area of responsibility deliver full life value for money.
- Conducting supplier due diligence and reviewing new supplier requests.
Experience & Skills:
- Comprehensive and demonstrable experience in applying Public Contracts Regulations knowledge to the management of end to end procurement activity and utilising different tender approaches as appropriate.
- Experience of delivering high value complex Technology procurement.
- Able to demonstrate commercial and financial acumen, must be able to articulate the benefits of defined procurement process.
- Relevant qualification - CIPS Qualified (or studying towards).
- Ability to analyse complex financial data.