We have an exciting new opportunity for a Procurement Manager with another one of our established clients based just outside of St Albans within the Public Sector.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing procurement excellence and value for money through the implementation of professional, efficient and effective procurement practices
As well as this you will develop and lead on any defined portfolio of sourcing categories and projects throughout the tender process and subsequent contract management for contracts managed by the procurement team.
Salary: £40,000- £50,000
Working Style: 5 days pw
- Proven substantial experience in a procurement function in either a public sector or commercial environment covering a broad spectrum of business requirements
- Significant experience in tendering preparation, analysis, and contract award across a broad range of commodities and services
- Track record in identifying opportunities in complex organisations to achieve continuous improvement and procurement targets
- Proven experience of contract management for service delivery and contractor performance
- Experience in effective stakeholder and project management
- Experience of managing staff or small teams to support staff development and performance
- Experience in dealing with FOIA requests
- Experience of working within a Higher Education or public sector environment
- Educated to a minimum of a degree standard or equivalent relevant qualification with the appropriate breath of experience
- Membership or studying towards Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (or equivalent membership of relevant professional body). Minimum qualification status Level 4 - Diploma.