Panoramic Associates are working with a Public Sector organisation to support them with their need for a Principal Public Health Practitioner until March 2021. This role can be worked 3-5 days per week and will be based in one of two sites in North Wales / North West Wales.
This strategic role requires the post holder to work within the Public Health Team, with a 'primary purpose' as the named link to a local authority.
- Developing and maintaining strategic partnerships across the statutory, voluntary, private and independent sectors to plan cohesively for health improvement and provides leadership and direction for partnership programmes and initiatives to promote health and wellbeing across all sectors.
- Responsible for providing highly specialised advice and expertise on the development of public health/health promotion strategy, policy and practice, with particular emphasis the promotion of health and wellbeing.
- Responsible for leading, planning, implementing and evaluating public health programmes in line with agreed local and national priorities.
- Design and deliver Health, Social Care and Well Being Strategy and Children and Young People's Plan across counties, and advise and support partners in the development and implementation of effective approaches to improving and protecting the health of the local population, reducing inequalities, and the delivery of services in line with Standards for Health Services.
Essential Experience Required:
- Masters or equivalent experience in Public Health/Health Promotion or allied discipline or equivalent professional qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional/personal development
- Experience in a senior role in Public Health/Health Promotion
- Substantial direct experience of working with diverse senior professional and managerial groups across a range of organisations and professional disciplines
- A track record of representing public health themes in different forms
To apply for this role please contact Maisie Hockings on