We are currently working with a London Borough to recruit a PMO Manager to join their team. This is a permanent position and offers hybrid working.
They are looking for an experienced PMO professional with direct, hands-on experience of running a Portfolio Management team and of project and programme delivery to lead the central PMO. It is a highly visible role within the organisation and will require regular engagement with the Departmental Leadership Teams and other senior people within the Council so it is a vital hire for the organisation
- Relevant experience in roles within an Portfolio Management office, preferably managing and transforming the function.
- Direct, first-hand experience managing projects at a level to be confident instructing and guiding project managers and advising on project planning & estimating, tracking & control, schedule & RAID management, communication, governance, and reporting.
- Extensive experience in writing analytical reports outlining portfolio performance, areas of concern and decisions required.
- Deep understanding of the role and value of a Portfolio office, the service offering, typical operating models, capability maturity curve
- Solid understanding of the typical project lifecycle and grasp of various methodologies and approaches, e.g. waterfall, Agile, etc.
- Experience of consulting working practices and engagement; proactively delivering change by understanding problems, building consensus around desired outcomes, priorities, and challenges, and bringing stakeholders on the journey.
This is a fantastic opportunity not to be missed, for more information, please get in touch.