Planning Policy Officer - Local Authority
6-9 Month Contract
Up to £35 per hour Inside IR35 (Dependant on relevant experience)
Remote working - a requirement to be in the office once a week.
Panoramic Associates is currently supporting a Local Authority based in London to help in the search for a Planning Policy Officer. The council currently have exciting regeneration and change plans for the borough with unprecedented investment expected for the local area in the next couple of months.
The successful candidate will be a pivotal addition to the Planning Policy team in helping to support and shape the council's ambitious sustainable vision, where you will have the opportunity to work on a range of topics spanning urban and rural issues to develop your planning knowledge and experience.
· Prepare and draft policy for statutory and non-statutory planning documents, developing planning policy, including preparing and drafting policy for the review of the council's Local Plan
· Make proposals for the analysis of data, including undertaking the collection and cross-referencing of data from different sources and applying the outcomes to the review and development of planning policies and proposals.
· Provide timely and relevant advice on planning policy and its interpretation, including preparing expert advice to council committees, members, public inquiries, examinations in public, and public meetings as required.
· Play a role in supporting corporate objectives for investment and new development in the borough.
· To ensure effective engagement of the public and stakeholders in the planning policy processes.
To be considered for this role you will have:
- Previous experience working within a Planning Policy team within a local authority or private sector.
- Experience dealing with housing, employment, landscape, and digital policies.
- An RTPI accredited postgraduate degree.
- Previous knowledge and experience working with section 106 and Article 4 policies are beneficial.
This role is an initial 6 months with a view to extension and offering up to £35 per hour (Inside IR35). The role is predominately remote working with a requirement to be in the office once a week.