Locum Planning and Highways Lawyer
Local Authority - London
£45-50+ per hour umbrella
Panoramic Associates are excited to be working with a local authority, that is looking for an experienced Planning and Highways Lawyer to join them for an initial 6 months contract to join a strong friendly supportive team within Property, Planning, and Employment.
The successful candidate will be able to work on a remote working basis in this position with very occasional office attendance required for team meetings and legal planning meetings! The local authority is also happy to consider fully remote working requirements.
The role will involve providing specialist legal advice to clients on a wide range of matters relating to Planning and Highways Law and development projects. You will be responsible for advising on a variety of matters relating to planning, highways, development, and enforcement and maintaining a positive relationship with our client officers.
- A qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister, alternatively, non-qualified Lawyers with substantial relevant experience will also be considered.
- Excellent communication and drafting skills and the ability to provide legal advice to a variety of audiences in a concise and swift manner, including senior officers and Members.
- Experience in a variety of planning matters supporting client officers at a public inquiry, attending and advising at Committees where high-profile contentious applications are being discussed, advising officers on the new permitted development rights and the alterations to the Use Classes Order, drafting and negotiating s106 agreements on major redevelopment sites, drafting enforcement notices and processing TPOs as well as advising on Emergency Traffic Management Orders and recent case law implications.
- Attend legal planning meetings which may take place outside of normal office hours and off site as required.
- To give guidance, mentor and give training to less experienced team members; and to deputise for senior lawyers as and when required.
To discuss the role and day to day duties in more detail, please click apply and/or please contact Lauren Watts on 0117 409 4456 or or Maya Hingorani on 0117 284 0082 or .