Interim Education/SEN Lawyer
3 months initially
Fully Remote Working
£40-50+ per hour umbrella (dependent on experience)
We at Panoramic Associates are working with one of our clients, based in the Northern Home Counties who are currently looking for an Interim Education/SEN Lawyer to pick up a full caseload including SEN matters for an initial 3-month contract! The role can be fully remote, however, occasional office attendance to work alongside the team would be desirable. This position is being offered full-time (37 hours/week) and would suit someone who has previous experience advising on education and SEN matters within a local government setting.
The successful applicant would be joining an established, highly skilled and supportive team & the role itself will involve advising and representing the local authority on appeals and advising school on SEN related matters. You will work closely with SEN officers and educational psychologists & collaborate with parents to come to resolutions. The team also have excellent administrative support and a paralegal team to assist lawyers with case management.
- A qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive, Barrister or non-qualified Lawyer with previous experience dealing with education matters
- Knowledge of and ability to apply and interpret SEN and education-related law.
- Knowledge of SEN court and tribunal procedures.
- Knowledge of local government law, especially in relation to Education law
- Experience of conducting case files and drafting pleadings and witness statements.
- Ability to conduct legal research, interpret legislation and summarise the key points of case law.
To discuss the role and day-to-day duties in more detail, please send your CV or alternatively, please contact Maya Hingorani on 0117 284 0082 or Lauren Watts on 0117 409 4456.