Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority in the North that are moving towards establishment of their own local contact tracing programme, to support the national Test and Trace programme and get much closer to identifying and contracting 100% of their COVID-19 cases and their close contacts in a timely manner.
The local authority are looking to bring in a Public Health Consultant to act as SRO who will be responsible to propose and then set up an operational model plus a Programme Manager to support them for an initial period of 3 months with the potential to extend. These roles will be fully remote home working.
Consultant in Public Health role responsibilities:
- To be the Senior Responsible Officer for the development of a local Test and Trace programme.
- Leading the work with internal and external partners to design an effective and resilient local contact tracing programme. Which will operate 7 days a week.
- Linking with regional and national leads to ensure our local programme can integrate with their systems as necessary.
- Recommending the most appropriate positioning of the service within the council.
- Provide senior level input for colleagues across the Region to ensure that our local programme is able to integrate with and benefit from the system that is developed across the region.
- Develop the protocols and Standard Operating Procedures for the local Contact Tracing Team.
- Working with the programme lead to ensure that the team are that the team are recruited and appropriately trained.
- The post holder must be available as soon as possible and for at least 2 months.
- The number of days per week is negotiable but it is envisaged that this will be between 2.5 and 5 days per week.
- This programme must be able to identify and contact the vast majority of local cases and their close contacts quickly. Provide relevant advice and direct people to appropriate support to self-isolate.
- This programme must be fully operational by December 15th
- Partnership buy in secured
- High levels of local people complying with self-isolation advice.
I have advertised the programme manager role separately. To hear more on either the CPH / Programme Manager role please contact Maisie Hockings