Panoramic Associates are working with a London local authority to recruit a Locum Consultant in Public Health for a 3-6 month assignment (possible extension), working on a fully remote basis (there will be option to go into the office if you wish to do so). Full time or part time will be considered.
This local authority are looking for an individual that will bring energy, drive and innovation to make a difference, working through the challenges of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, and working to improve outcomes for residents.
Lead areas of work will include (although open to conversation):
- Sexual Health
- Substance Misuse
- Tobacco and smoking cessation
- NHS Health Checks
- Child and Maternal Health
- Community Safety and Violence Reduction
- Significant commissioning responsibilities in the areas above
- Directing the work of a team of at least two public health strategists
- There will be an expectation to cover some responsibilities around COVID response in the short-medium term.
- Work in co-operation with other colleagues within Public Health, council directorates, the Clinical Commissioning Group and broader Integrated Care System, the wider NHS and the voluntary sector, and establish and maintain a wide range of working relationships.
- Develop a good understanding of the context of services in the borough which impact on health and health inequalities.
To apply for this role, you must hold a valid inclusion in the UKPHR or GMC register or must provide evidence to confirm that you are within SIX months of award of a certificate of completion of training (CCT) and inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in dental public health/UKPHR for public health specialists.