Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority based in the South East to recruit a Locum Consultant in Public Health for a full time role. This post will be for an initial period of 6 months with a possible extension. The majority of the role can be remote home working but there may be the odd requirement to carry out on site work over the year.
This post will mostly lead on health protection but the role will also cover part of a health improvement portfolio.
- Lead on health protection, providing additional Consultant capacity to the team during the COVID response.
- Provide strategic leadership and public health advice, both across the council wider and system to support the COVID response.
- Current priorities include: supporting delivery of the Test and Trace Programme; developing and embedding the COVID-19 Local Outbreak Control Plan; and providing public health input into the Local Resilience Forum COVID-19 operational cells.
- Support the wider work of the Health Protection Team, including addressing environmental impacts on health.
- Direct line management of up to six members of the integrated, multi-disciplinary public health team
Applicants must hold Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists OR Public health specialty registrar applicants who are not yet on the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in dental public health/UKPHR must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview.
To hear more, please contact Maisie Hockings.