Panoramic Associates are working with a Public Sector organisation to support them with their need for 3 x Consultants in Public Health until March 2021. This role can be worked 3-5 days per week and will be based in one of two sites in North Wales / North West Wales.
- Provide public health leadership and support
- Contribute to the development of integrated partnership strategies (including the needs assessment component), working closely with local authorities.
- Take responsibility for developing local policies, interagency and interdisciplinary plans and programmes to deliver key public health targets
- Provide expert public health advice and leadership to support and inform an evidence-based approach within ethical frameworks for planning and developing high quality equitable services, across primary, secondary and social care, and across sectors including local authorities, voluntary organisations.
- Develop and utilise information and intelligence systems to underpin public health action across disciplines and organisations, leading collation and interpretation of relevant data
- Actively work to reduce inequalities in partnership with the government agencies, national bodies, local authorities and the voluntary sector;
- Develop partnerships and influence all agencies to ensure the widest possible participation in improving health
- Provide public health advice and expertise
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure public health support to all work (particularly needs assessment, service planning and delivery, quality and governance)
- Ensure that relevant local experience and expertise supports or drives national developments and visa versa.
Essential Experience Required:
- Inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List (and licensed to practice) /UK Voluntary Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists
- If included in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in a specialty other than public health medicine/dental public health, candidates must have equivalent training and/or appropriate experience of public health medicine practice
- Public health specialist registrar and specialist trainee applicants who are not yet on the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in dental public health/UKPHR must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview.
To apply for this role please contact Maisie Hockings on