Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority in the South East to support them in the recruitment for a Locum Consultant in Public Health for a 6-month assignment. Whilst this is a primarily remote post, there will be the expectation to carry out the odd visit to the local area. This is a full-time post, inside ir35, paying a competitive daily rate.
The purpose of this role is lead on the COVID-19 & the local outbreak plan including the day to day operational delivery, management and oversight of the COVID-19 response.
As well as strong skills and experience in leading on complex Public Health issues, we are looking for a positive attitude and the ability to cope with multiple and changing demands. This role require' s clear communication and have the ability to influence and effect change.
- Contribute strategically to the development and maintenance of effective systems for the surveillance of COVID-19.
- Proactively use COVID-19 surveillance outputs to inform and influence the local actions, policies and strategies.
- Influence, and where appropriate, lead the development and implementation of a system wide response to COVID-19.
- Employ highly effective communication, negotiation and influencing skills to enable stakeholder relationships to deliver objectives.
- To be a visible, positive leader and role model. Meeting and demonstrating high professional standards.
- Lead and contribute to proactive and responsive media issues.
- Proactively contribute to wider organisational development.
- Contribute strategically to the development of the Public Health team business continuity plans.
- Be expected to take on the line management of staff.
To be considered for this post you must have Inclusion in the GMC Full and Specialist Register with a license to practice/GDC Specialist List (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview) or Inclusion in the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview).
If you would like to hear more about this role please contact Maisie Hockings.