Panoramic Associates are working with a Local Authority to support them with their need for a Locum Consultant in Public Health to start from January 2021 for a minimum of 6 months. The portfolio is a blend of Health Protection and Health Improvement. This role can be fulfilled remotely and is 3 days per week.
- Public health leadership for the Schools and Childrens provision workstream for COVID to ensure that a robust system is in place to proactively plan and implement systems for the prevention of COVID-19 outbreaks in schools and children's/young people's provision, and to ensure the early identification and management (control) of local outbreaks. This includes chair of Workstream, chair daily schools IMT and be part of escalation process, oversee day to day leadership for response team, report to relevant forums
- Develop and deliver COVID recovery plan for Schools and Childrens provision workstream and coordinate work linked to testing and vaccination where applicable
- Provide health protection cover as part of a rota to respond to issues and outbreaks
- Provide public health leadership to the Healthy Places team and ensure effective prioritisation and delivery based on Public health strategy. Specifically ensuring a clear focus on inequalities is a clear focus for HCC strategies (namely sustainability and growth)
- Public health leadership to the sexual health portfolio. Specifically provide direction and support for the Health Improvement Lead and wider team to ensure effective delivery of SH strategy.
- Inclusion in the GMC Full and Specialist Register with a license to practice/GDC Specialist List (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview) or Inclusion in the UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists (or be eligible for registration within six months of interview)
- All rounded skillset
- Strong leadership/line management qualities
To apply for this role, please click apply and/or please contact Mia Collett.