Locum Childcare Lawyer
6 months initially
Fully Remote Working
£45-55 per hour umbrella (dependent on experience)
We at Panoramic Associates are working with a Local Authority in the West Midlands looking for a Locum Childcare Lawyer to join them for an initial 6-month contract. The role is being offered on a fully remote basis with no expectation to attend in office or court. The role is being ideally on a full-time basis, but they would consider part time hours (3 days+).
The role would be ideal for someone with experience with advocacy as it will involve straightforward virtual hearings though no in person court attendance is required. The role will consist of dealing with a childcare case load management and conducting advocacy on a wide variety of childcare matters.
- A qualified Solicitor, Legal Executive or Barrister, alternatively, non-qualified Lawyers with substantial relevant experience will also be considered.
- Good practical knowledge of Children's Social Care and Public Law proceedings.
- Experience with advocacy including meetings & hearings such as CMH/IRH
- Ideally have recent experience of working in a local authority setting advising on Childcare matters. Alternatively, if you have experience working in private practice dealing with Public Childcare matters and understand the responsibilities of the Local Authority when dealing with such cases.
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
To discuss the role and day to day duties in more detail, please send your CV or alternatively, please contact Maya Hingorani on 0117 284 0082 or Lauren Watts on 0117 409 4456.