Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to recruit TWO x Surveillance and Outbreak Analysts. To systematically collate, analyse and disseminate surveillance data and intelligence to support the identification and understanding of Covid-19 case incidents and outbreaks. This is a 6 month remote role (working from home).
- Review Covid-19 data, reports and tools on a daily basis and in a systematic fashion to identify settings and geographies at risk of outbreak or experiencing increases in cases.
- Statistical analysis of datasets to determine the underlying features of any increase in cases or outbreak. The production of written reports to advise Incident Management Hub and Health Protection Board on areas of concern.
- Querying of data; regular review and analysis of Covid-19 case data for population groups of interest. Implementing data quality assurances and procedures.
- Querying of line list Covid-19 case data to ensure contact tracing processes are functioning
- Keep up-to-date with national, regional and local surveillance data and research developments, including attending regular virtual training and briefing sessions, and advise on how these could support operational management of Covid-19.
To be considered for this role, you must be degree qualified (or equivalent) in relevant subject, preferably with statistical, database or ICT elements. You will also need practical experience in:
- Data manipulation using complex formulas and queries.
- Work experience in analysing, interpreting and presenting datasets.
- Working with databases containing statistical information.
- Experience of statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, R, Stata or JMP.
- Working with health, community safety or social data.
- Setting up and maintaining administrative systems.
- Work experience within health, public sector or social/market research.
To hear more about this role, please contact Maisie Hockings.