Panoramic Associates are working with a London based local authority to recruit to a Senior Public Health Specialist / Locum Consultant in Public Health role. This post if for an initial period of 6 months with the potential to extend. This role is home based but will require occasional travel on site to East London.
The post holder, working with the Director of Public Health, will lead on population health management ensuring that prevention and inequalities are firmly embedded in local strategies and plans.
The areas of work will include:
- Public Health Information and Intelligence, including JSNA and other Health Needs Assessments, Health Equity Audit and contributing to the Director of Public Health's Annual Report as well as developing an evidence-based approach to commissioning. This area will also include contributing to the performance management system for public health.
- Leadership and co-ordination in the provision of specialist Public Health Advice to Integrated Care System, adults and children's' services commissioners to influence and enhance commissioning for better health outcomes of the population.
- Strategic support to the DPH in addressing key statutory functions including assurance, scrutiny and challenge for effective local health protection programmes and resilience.
- Provide a lead on the development of strategy to address key public health issues in the context of collaborative partnership working - e.g. Drugs and Alcohol, Tobacco, Obesity and Cancer.
- Working with the Director of Public Health to support the work programmes of the Health and Wellbeing Board and the Council Overview and Scrutiny Committees.
- Supporting work on the wider determinants of health such as planning, housing, transport and the environment including developing Health Impact Assessment.
You must be appropriately qualified and will be expected to have the skills and experience to lead across the full spectrum of public health and hold a work plan with specific lead areas of responsibility.
Candidates must be or working towards inclusion in the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List/UK Public Health Register (UKPHR) for Public Health Specialists.
Public health specialty registrar applicants who are not yet on the GMC Specialist Register/GDC Specialist List in dental public health/UKPHR must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they are within 6 months of gaining entry at the date of interview; all other applicants must provide verifiable signed documentary evidence that they have applied for inclusion in the GMC/GDC/UKPHR specialist registers.