Panoramic Associates are looking for an Interim Public Health Strategic Lead (COVID-19 Test and Trace) for a full time 4 month contract (possible extension). The primary purpose of this job is to provide strategic public health leadership for aCovid-19 Test and Trace Programmes.
As the public health strategic lead will you will work closely with senior executives across the council and public sector to ensure safe delivery of the Test and Trace Programme and provide the leadership, coordination, and implementation of Covid-19 Test and Trace.
This role reports into the Consultant in Public Health and takes line management responsibility for project / programme officers.
Role responsibilities include:
- Lead on the councils Covid-19 Test and Trace Programme to protect the public and ensuring clinical oversight and standards of care, having a strong public health background
- Ensuring effective public health standards and quality assurance and having overall integrity of the programme
- Ensuring public health oversight and expertise to enable safe delivery of Test and Trace and escalating concerns when required
- Managing third party contributions to the programme and bringing the wider testing programmes into Targeted Testing at Scale
- Having the overall strategic responsibility for public health messaging and communications with all stakeholders
- Reporting the progress of the programme at regular intervals to the Testing Strategic Group and, public health directorate leadership team
- Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the Executive Sponsor, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses
- Knowledge, understanding and application of Health Protection, including strategic lead for system response to health protection
- Demonstrate the ability to lead teams, groups and work programmes using a range of effective strategic leadership, organisational and management skills
- Post-graduate level qualification in a relevant public health subject
- A minimum of 5 years' experience at a senior level within a complex and/or public sector environment
- Developing whole-system health protection strategy and policy through comprehensive consultation with key stakeholders including communities and members of the public (i.e. Outbreak Control Plans; vaccination and immunisation programmes; NHS population screening programmes)
To hear more about this role please contact Maisie Hockings.