Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to support them in finding an interim public health specialist for 6 months. The role will be home-working based for the duration of the contract.
Key responsibilities of the post:
- Provide strategic and operational input to the design, planning, implementation and evaluation of public health programmes
- Provide strategic and operational input into the response to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Contribute to the development of strategic partnerships to improve health outcomes to protect and improve health and wellbeing and reduce health inequalities for the residents
- Directly line manage public health team members and temporary staff
- Deputise for the Consultant in Public Health within the local authority and Integrated Care System geographies.
The post holder will have the following essential criteria:
- MSc Public Health or related topic
- Advanced generalist public health skills to analyse complex public health issues, undertake needs assessment, research and critical appraisal information, to inform evidence-based public health interventions.
- Skilled at communicating at a senior level through verbal and written reports
- High level of intellectual rigour, political awareness and negotiation and motivation skills as well as flexibility and sensitivity are required.
If you would like to apply for this role please contact Maisie Hockings on 0117 332 8090 or