Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to support the recruitment to a Senior Public Health Principal role. This is a full time 8-month contract working on a remote basis paying a competitive daily rate.
This is a strategic post which provides public health leadership for the mental wellbeing portfolio of work programmes. The post holder will have responsibility for:
- Prevention Concordat for Better Mental Health
- Public Health lead for all age Emotional Health & Wellbeing across Health, Education & Social Care
- Implementing the 2021 Mental Wellbeing Needs Assessment
- ICP Mental Health, Learning Disabilities and Autism: mental wellbeing, self-harm and suicide prevention
- Recovery from COVID-19, wellbeing and mental health
- Managing the public health commissioning cycle for designated programme areas.
- Performance management of public health services and work programmes.
- Providing specialist advice to inform the delivery of evidence based public health interventions.
- The surveillance and assessment of the population health and wellbeing to inform public health interventions.
- Co-ordinating the development and delivery of public/ professional educational and training programmes and campaigns.
- Collaborative working with partner agencies to deliver shared public health priorities.
- Educated to degree level and at least 3 years professional experience working within Public Health equivalent professional experience in a local authority. Demonstrable evidence of continuing professional development
- Experience of working in mental wellbeing roles in the health service/local authority/voluntary sector setting
- Knowledge of national public health strategy and targets and experience of implementing and monitoring these at a local level.
To hear more please contact Maisie Hockings