Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to support the recruitment to an Interim Public Health Knowledge Analyst role for an initial period for 6 months. This is a full time 5 days per week role working on a fully remote basis for the duration of the contract.
The purpose of this job is to provide the range of public health evidence required to inform policy and strategy development and commissioning decisions, and to ensure resources are targeted effectively. You will be a key member of the Public Health team, assisting with delivery of the statutory Joint Strategic Needs Assessment, the Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment, and supporting the team's 'knowledge offer' to strategic commissioners, the wider Council and partners.
- Undertake the collation, analysis and interpretation of different types of data, information and intelligence, and providing specialist advice and guidance on both quantitative and mixed methods in the context of bids for funding, health needs assessments and evidence-based practice.
- Provide informed technical support to the public health team and colleagues in the wider Council, including advice to non-specialists, on the use and interpretation of routine statistics, quantitative and mixed-methods analyses for measuring health outcomes in the local population.
- Act as the lead specialist for specific datasets, and epidemiological and statistical methodologies.
- Increase the range and sophistication of available health information resources through applying best practice, advances in digital technology and working with Council colleagues and external partners, along with regional and national agencies.
- Take a lead role in local quantitative research and evaluation, including designing and implementing surveys, questionnaires etc. and analysing findings.
To apply for this role you must have experience of working in a public health intelligence role for a local authority (public health analyst / health intelligence specialist) for a minimum of 3 years.
Please contact Maisie Hockings to hear more.