Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
Part remote/part on-site
Competitive daily rate + travel expenses paid
6 month contract
Panoramic Associates are working with an Eastern Scotland based local government client to support them in finding an Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse to support the response to COVID-19.
The post holder will be responsible in providing expert support and advice in infection prevention/control predominantly in the care and schools settings. Working as a senior member of the Public Health team with responsibility for, auditing, risk assessments, training, planning and implementing IPC processes across the local area.
*Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to undertake ad hoc on-site visits around the local region as an essential part of your role*
- Recognise and isolate outbreaks of infectious diseases in care and schools settings and in the community at large.
- Create strategies and action-plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
- Investigate possible outbreaks and marshal resources in response in the event of a confirmed outbreak.
- Serve as an infectious disease advisor for health and care setting providers and members of the local community.
- Provide training to support infection prevention and control (including to care homes)
- Review care home policies and procedures to ensure plans are robust for preventing and managing COVID-19 cases.
- Advise on COVID-19 safe practice including site visits for various workstreams
- Qualified and registered nurse (active NMC pin)
- Infection Prevention & Control post grad. qualification/specific training in infection control is highly desirable
- Experience of working in a health or public health related post
- Specialist IPC knowledge and experience
- Experience of providing clinical advice to other registered nurses, so you must have an enhance level of knowledge and competence
- Ability to undertake on-site visits to care homes around the local region as an essential part of your role
To hear more about this role please apply and/or contact Mia Collett on the email address / on LinkedIn.