Panoramic Associates are working with an East of England local authority to support them in finding an Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse to support the response to COVID-19, on a remote basis.
The post holder will be responsible in providing expert support and advice in infection prevention/control in order to prevent and manage local infectious diseases outbreaks predominantly in health and care settings. Working as a senior member of the Public Health team with responsibility for, auditing, developing, planning and implementing comprehensive infection prevention and control processes across the local area.
- Recognise and isolate outbreaks of infectious diseases in health and care settings and in the community at large.
- Create strategies and action-plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
- Investigate possible outbreaks and marshal resources in response in the event of a confirmed outbreak.
- Serve as an infectious disease advisor for health and care setting providers and members of the local community.
- Provide training to support infection prevention and control (including to care homes)
- Review care home policies and procedures to ensure plans are robust for preventing and managing COVID-19 cases.
- Advise on COVID-19 safe practice including site visits for example to care homes.
- Qualified and registered nurse
- Infection Prevention & Control post grad. qualification
- Experience of working in a health or public health related post
- Specialist IPC knowledge and experience
- Experience of providing clinical advice to other registered nurses, so you must have an enhance level of knowledge and competence
- Ability to undertake on-site visits to care homes around the local region as an essential part of your role
To hear more about this role please apply and/or contact Mia Collett on 0117 3328090.