Panoramic Associates are working with an NHS Health Board in Scotland to support them in finding an Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse to support the response to COVID-19.
The post holder will be responsible in providing expert support and advice in infection prevention/control in order to prevent and manage local infectious diseases outbreaks predominantly in health and care settings. Working as a senior member of the Public Health team with responsibility for, auditing, developing, planning and implementing comprehensive infection prevention and control processes across the local area.
- Recognise and isolate outbreaks of infectious diseases in health and care settings and in the community at large.
- Create strategies and action-plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
- Investigate possible outbreaks and marshal resources in response in the event of a confirmed outbreak.
- Serve as an infectious disease advisor for health and care setting providers and members of the local community.
- Provide training to support infection prevention and control (including to care homes)
- Review care home policies and procedures to ensure plans are robust for preventing and managing COVID-19 cases.
- Advise on COVID-19 safe practice including site visits for example to care homes.
- Qualified and registered nurse
- Infection Prevention & Control post grad. qualification
- Experience of working in a health or public health related post
- Specialist IPC knowledge and experience
- Experience of providing clinical advice to other registered nurses, so you must have an enhance level of knowledge and competence
To hear more about this role please apply and contact Mia Collett on 0117 3328090.