Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
Part remote/part on-site
Competitive daily rate + travel expenses paid
Panoramic Associates are working with a Yorkshire based local authority to support them in finding an Interim Infection Prevention and Control Nurse to support the response to COVID-19.
The post holder will be responsible in providing expert support and advice in infection prevention/control predominantly in the care and schools settings. Working as a senior member of the Public Health team with responsibility for, auditing, risk assessments, training, planning and implementing IPC processes across the local area.
*Due to the nature of the role, you will be required to undertake ad hoc on-site visits around the local region as an essential part of your role*
- Recognise and isolate outbreaks of infectious diseases in care and schools settings and in the community at large.
- Create strategies and action-plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
- Investigate possible outbreaks and marshal resources in response in the event of a confirmed outbreak.
- Serve as an infectious disease advisor for health and care setting providers and members of the local community.
- Provide training to support infection prevention and control (including to care homes)
- Review care home policies and procedures to ensure plans are robust for preventing and managing COVID-19 cases.
- Advise on COVID-19 safe practice including site visits for various workstreams
- Qualified and registered nurse (active NMC pin)
- Infection Prevention & Control post grad. qualification/specific training in infection control
- Experience of working in a health or public health related post
- Specialist IPC knowledge and experience
- Experience of providing clinical advice to other registered nurses, so you must have an enhance level of knowledge and competence
- Ability to undertake on-site visits to care homes around the local region as an essential part of your role
To hear more about this role please apply and/or contact Mia Collett on the email address / on LinkedIn.