Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to support the recruitment of a Interim Health Protection Practitioner for a full time, remote, 9 month role.
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team delivering the day to day provision of the health protection function, including the management of infectious and environmental hazards and contributing to the response to major incidents. Using specialist knowledge and skills, undertake case management, liaising with, and providing health protection advice and response across a range of partner organisations, professionals and the public and contributing to the wider provision and development of the health protection function, including the development, training and supervision of others within the team.
- Contribute to and support the day to day running of the Outbreak Hub to ensure high quality, safe and effective delivery of the health protection service.
- Provide first point of contact specialist knowledge, support and advice to a range of stakeholders on health protection matters.
- Undertake initial assessment and management of routine acute response work and non-complex incidents.
- Escalate and support the management of complex incidents and outbreaks of infectious diseases and non-infectious environmental hazards as appropriate.
- Manage and carry out continuing responsibility for a caseload ensuring accurate, up to date records of contacts/action by completion of relevant records and compliance with team handover procedures, in line with information governance protocols.
- Utilise an evidence based approach to manage clinical/professional advice, produce briefings and discussions within the team, seeking senior advice as/when appropriate.
- First degree (Public Health Related) or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience as a practitioner in a related field e.g. Public Health, Environmental Health, Infection Prevention and Control
- Experience of building and developing effective stakeholder relationships
- Sound knowledge of the principles of health protection
Interiviews for this role can be held within 1-2 days of CV submission and offers can be made same day. To hear more / apply please contact Maisie Hockings.