Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority in the North West to support them in recruiting for 2 x Interim Environmental Health Officers to support with COVID-19 duties. This post is for a period of 6 months and will involve on site visits, paying a competitive daily rate.
The purpose of the role will be to work with the local area's businesses to ensure they have the correct compliance in place to act preventative against COVID-19. If there is an outbreak in a business, this role will seek to be proactive in ensuring that the outbreak has been properly managed and support the business to ensure this doesn't happen again.
- Proactive visits to ensure that businesses within the Borough are able to operate safely and in accordance with COVID-19 measures.
- Intelligence-led and rapid response to incidents, including effective partnership working, being a member of Incident Management Teams and reporting back findings.
- Working flexibly to respond to fast-changing situations such as spikes and clusters in infections, emerging variations and new diseases.
- Whilst some of the work can be done from home, you will be expected to carry out visits throughout the district when necessary.
- The role will require, at times, for you to deputise or stand in for the current team leader.
- Qualified Environmental Health Officer (EHO) with EHRB Certificate of Registration
- Newly qualified (or soon to qualify) Environmental Health Graduates may be considered if they show that they meet the requirements of the person specification, including a degree in Environmental Health or equivalent.
- Experience in environmental health specifically infectious diseases and/or public health.
- Knowledge and experience of contact tracing and outbreak control during the investigation of Infectious Disease.
- Experience in providing a COVID-19 response (desirable).
- Knowledge of current Environmental Health legislation particularly in Health and Safety / COVID-19 (desirable).
- Ability to prepare reports and statements for legal proceedings (desirable).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computer literate.
- Experience in dealing with members of the public, good interpersonal and customer care skills.
- Good organisation skills an ability to work under pressure and prioritise a varied workload.
- Overview of day-to-day role/responsibilities.
The post holder MUST have an EHO background, environmental health experience relating to COVID-19 and relevant qualifications.
To hear more, please contact Maisie Hockings.