Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority based in the South East to recruit an Interim COVID-19 Senior Health Protection Advisor for 5 days per week. This is a 6 month role with potential to extend. To apply for this role you must be able to work 3 out of 5 days on site. The other 2 days can be worked from home.
- Working alongside social care settings to interpret the public health guidance for the system of controls for COVID-19.
- Recognise and isolate outbreaks of infectious diseases in social care settings and in the community at large.
- Create strategies and action-plans for the prevention of outbreaks.
- Investigate possible outbreaks and marshal resources in response in the event of a confirmed outbreak.
- Serve as an infectious disease advisor for social care setting providers and members of the local community.
- Provide training to support infection prevention and control (including to care homes)
- Review social care settings policies and procedures to ensure plans are robust for preventing and managing COVID-19 cases.
- Advise on COVID-19 safe practice including site visits for example to care homes.
- Be part of a multi-professional team of COVID-19 advisors for all social care settings.
- Represent the Local Authority Public Health team in weekly meetings to update audiences of the latest advice, best practice and to answer specific questions.
- Escalating any issues/pressures for resolution with the Consultant in Public Health
- Responding to adhoc queries (telephone, email, virtual meetings) from social care settings or other system partners.
- Support the response from Public Health England Health Protection Team as required for COVID-19 management.
- As part of the Local Authority Public Health team this role may be asked to work across other areas in the pandemic response depending on surveillance and need from the system.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience in a health and social care related settings.
- Significant experience and knowledge of working in heath protection environment including infection prevention and control
- Experience of working with social care settings.
- Ability to travel across the local area to attend frequent site visits and meetings
To apply please contact Maisie Hockings