Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to recruit a Consultant in Public Health for a 6 month interim contract (full time or part time will be considered) starting in March 2021.
This is a business as usual type role. The post holder will be responsible to the head of strategy and take responsibility for the Senior Commissioning Manager, Commissioning Manager(s) and Commissioning Officer(s).
- Developing inter-agency and interdisciplinary strategic plans and programmes in collaboration with partners at all levels, contributing to the Joint Health and Wellbeing Strategy, with delegated authority to deliver key public health targets.
- Utilising information and intelligence systems to provide expert public health advice and leadership to support and inform an evidence-based approach within ethical frameworks for commissioning and developing high quality equitable services
- Providing geographical leadership for Public Health and working closely with the Locality Public Health Commissioning leads to identify local priorities and support the planning and commission of interventions to address those priorities and reduce health inequalities.
- Providing whole system leadership and strategic support to the Head of Strategy in undertaking key statutory and leadership duties including assurance programmes for health protection and emergency planning functions.
- Designing and delivering a training programme as a major part of the job e.g. training Specialist Registrars in Public Health Medicine and Public Health Specialist Trainees, VTS Trainees and F2 Doctors.
- Actively taking part in Public Health service-academic partnership programmes with the local universities
- Commissioning research audits/projects, and appropriately undertaking research or audit.
To apply for this post you must have inclusion on GMC/GDC Specialist Register or the UK Public Health (Specialist) Register(UKPHR) or other specialist register as appropriate through a programme of CPD/CME, in accordance with Faculty of Public Health requirements, or other recognized body.