Contract: 3 months
Rate: £30- £40 per hour
IR35: Inside IR35
Are you an experienced Conservation professional with a passion for the historic environment, and preserving heritage? If you answered yes, then we want to hear from you!
Panoramic Associates is currently working with a Local Authority based in cambridgeshire that is looking to hire an Interim Conservation Officer to review, guide, and advise heritage projects helping raise the profile of heritage across the local area.
As part of the Councils corporate objectives you will help to create, protect and enhance the districts environment through the provision of specialist technical advice on a variety of heritage issues.
The successful candidate will be enthusiastic and knowledgeable about heritage conservation and a proven track record of working with listed buildings, conservation areas and other historic structures are desirable.
Knowledge of and experience in, implementing legislation relating to listed buildings and conservation areas is essential and you will ideally have experience of working as a conservation officer in a local authority planning department or at an equivalent level in private practice.
- To provide specialist technical advice relating to historic buildings, conservation areas and other applicable design matters in relation and all other developments.
- Preparing and presenting specialist evidence in response to appeals and challenges against the decisions of the Planning Authority.
- Provide professional technical guidance to the public, developers, and departments of the Council in relation to heritage issues in writing, by telephone or in-person.
- Manage the repair of historic buildings through negotiation and the application of legislative controls.
- Prepare and consult on Policy Statements and other initiatives that relate to conservation and design.
Please call me, Lola Balogun or you can email your C.V. Even if you feel like this is not 100% right for you, I would still like to hear from you, as we may have another opportunity that fits.