Panoramic Associates are working with a local authority to recruit 2 x Interim Communications Officers for COVID-19 for a 9 month contract (Until Sept 2022). Both roles are full time and fully remote.
Reporting to a senior communication officer, the role will support the delivery of key messages and strategies relating to COVID-19. The role will further provide communications advice and support on the creation and progress of key messages from the Council's departments as they transition out of the methods of working during COVID-19.
Key tasks include:
- Support with the development, implementation and evaluation of COVID-19 Communications strategies and an active communications programme.
- Support the provision of proactive and reactive responses to all aspects of media, including social media as well as statements for the press and the Council's website.
- Support and assist with specialist communication and engagement advice and guidance to the Public Health service area, and other directorates/partners as required in line with COVID-19 response.
- Play an active role in the COVID-19 social and digital media presence. Contribute to ideas for new content, ensuring accounts are monitored regularly, and escalate/address any issues that need to be resolved.
- Ensure any COVID-19 communications and engagement work are actioned, including completing any allocated tasks and take a proactively and effective approach to ensuring timescales are met.
- Liaise with senior stakeholders and input into decisions which enable all work to be aligned with the proactive Communication and Engagement Plan.
In order to apply for this role, you must be educated to degree level or equivalent, or able to demonstrate equivalent experience working in a similar role. You must also have the following experience:
- Experience of working in a related position
- Experience of writing creative briefs and project management
- Experience of collaborative and partnership working
- Demonstrate experience of using own judgement and assessment to develop solutions to problems
- Experience of supporting and organising events and meetings
To apply for this post, please send an updated CV to Maisie Hockings. Interviews can be held THIS WEEK (Before Christmas!)