Panoramic Associates are working with a Local Authority based in North Lincolnshire that are looking for an Independent Provision Officer to join them on an interim basis. The contract is initially for 6 months and they are looking for someone to start ASAP.
The main responsibility of the role is to monitor the independent provisions commissioned by the council to make sure they are following correct policies/ protocols and that there are no safeguarding risks to the young people & Local Authority.
Main role responsibilities:
- Monitor independent provision where young people/ children are placed outside the mainstream education arena.
- Checking policies and protocols are up to date.
- Checking/ DIP sampling recruitment policies & files.
- Looking at restrictive interventions and incident books.
- Identifying safeguarding risks to the young person & Local Authority.
- Liaising with members of the team regarding key lines of enquiry before visits.
- Quality assurance visits.
- Writing reports following visits (this part of the role can be done remotely).
Experience/ accreditation needed:
- Education/teaching background preferred.
- Quality assurance/ auditing/ monitoring experience is essential.
- Knowledge of Special school Ofsted regulations.
- CQC for residential children's homes.
- Safeguarding L3 accreditation.
- Team Teach accreditation or equivalent.
- This role requires the individual to travel to visit provisions and follow COVID protocols whilst at settings.
- Local Authority will pay towards travel and overnight stays if necessary.
- Laptop and mobile phone provided by Local Authority.
Should you wish to be considered please send the latest version of your CV and give a suitable contact number to reach you on.