I am currently recruiting on behalf of a client in North West London who are looking for a H&S Compliance Manager to join thier team on an ongoing contract.
- Contribute towards the achievement of the services aims and objectives is contained in the Housing Ambition Plan.
- Management of asbestos surveys and subsequent action plans in line with current asbestos regulations and the department's Asbestos Strategy and plan, providing professional and technical advice where required for 6,000 dwellings.
- To act as 'responsible person' and co-ordinate fire risk assessments, remedial work and general fire safety risk management advice in social housing stock for over 400 blocks of flats and 10,000 plus residents.
- To offer technical Health and Safety advice and contribute towards the development of Health and Safety policy and procedures. To ensure Health and Safety technical documentation is kept up to date with changes in legislation.
- To ensure that all repairs commissioned by contractors are carried out in a professional and efficient manner, ensuring that works are carried out within the agreed constraints of time, budget, quality and performance and in compliance with statutory legislation, building regulations, health and safety policies and financial regulations.
- The management of asbestos and health and safety risk assessment information throughout the housing property portfolio, comprising over 6000 dwellings, sheltered housing schemes, and communal areas. Ensure that health and safety risk assessment standards are met throughout the housing portfolio.
- To manage a small team of asbestos surveyor, fire risk assessor and associated admin staff. Due to the professional and technical experience of the post holder it will also be necessary to give guidance and support to other non-technically qualified staff.
- To manage consultant and contractors carrying out risk assessment programmes, including financial responsibility for the works.