We are seeking a highly commercial Head of Finance for a fast-paced and innovative business using technology to transform people's lives for the better.
Based in the south of England, you will be in charge of their day-to-day financial operations:
- Oversee the completion of accurate and timely management accounts and commentary
- Review monthly balance sheet reconciliations and tax returns
- Develop accounting policies in line with the growing needs of the business
- Lead monthly finance business partnering cycle to integrate activities of the finance team with the actions of the company
- Manage the year end audit process
- Support the CFO on all external reporting requirements, including for existing shareholders and potential investors
- Lead longer-term treasury processes
- Identify opportunities for implementing robust, financial and operational processes.
- Support the CFO in arranging appropriate insurance cover for a wide range of business activities
- IT: support the assessment of the company's information security risk and design and implement processes and policies to counter identified elevated security risks
- Legal: support the in-house contracting processes and provide initial reviews on draft legal contracts
- Fundraising: assist with the building of data rooms to underpin any subsequent funding requirements
- Adjust corporate governance structures to enable effective operation of the business
- Assist with the establishment of an (outsourced) internal audit department
Our client is seeking someone innovative, with high energy and a "can do" attitude who has experience heading up finance and operations ideally within an innovative and growing tech business.